The asscher cut diamond is perfect for the sophisticated and style savvy couple. Blending traditional design with a beautifully unique twist, an Asscher is ideal for an engagement ring. Because the asscher cut does have some special properties, it is important to gain some knowledge about it before purchasing.
About the Asscher Cut Diamond
Although historically a somewhat
lesser known cut, the Asscher has
become increasingly popular as more celebrities choose it as their engagement ring. It is essentially a type of square emerald cut with cropped corners on the sides of the stone, creating extra sparkle for the 74 facets. More recently it has been associated with royalty when Reena Ahluwalia, of Royal Asscher, designed a diamond tiara for Kate Middleton. It had an astounding 36 Asscher cut diamonds, along with other shapes, totaling 120 carats.
Buying an Asscher Cut Diamond
- The 4 Cs (carat, color, clarity and cut) are a consideration when purchasing any diamond. However, with an Asscher cut diamond, the 4 Cs are even more important since a step cut makes flaws or inclusions more noticeable. Try to get a minimum of a G color diamond with a VS2 or more clarity.
- Since the beauty of the diamond is in its unique cut, larger carat sizes best showcase the Asscher cut diamond. If possible, go with a minimum of one carat or find a setting with several smaller stones around the Asscher to best highlight its features.
- Due to the uniqueness of this cut, the level of clarity required and the preferred sizes being above one carat, making this potentially a more expensive option.
- Because of the patent, this type of cut may be more difficult to find in your local jewelry stores. You may want to start with purchasing a loose Asscher cut diamond and then having a setting designed around it.
- Not only are Asscher cuts found in diamonds, many other gemstones such as rubies, emeralds or sapphires are cut in this manner and offer a strikingly beautiful alternative to a diamond.
Where to Purchase an Asscher Cut Diamond
Certified Asscher cut diamonds are patented and authorized retailers will carry them, as found on the Royal Asscher website. Some of these stores include Blue Nile, Nieman Marcus and James Allen.
An Asscher cut diamond is a stunning choice for a diamond engagement ring. With its unique cut, it transforms a simple solitaire into an elegant and upscale piece of jewelry.
7 thoughts on “The Asscher Cut Diamond, Elegant & Sophisticated”
What do you think about Elegant & Sophisticated and gold bracelets. Also is it true ” Although historically a somewhat lesser known cut, the Asscher has become increasingly popular as more celebrities choose it as their engagement ring” ???
Thank You For Yous Tips,It is essentially a type of square emerald cut with cropped corners on the sides of the stone, creating extra sparkle for the 74 facets.
I found quite a good collection of jewel designs at this site from New Jersey which seem to fit in with several of my peers taste.
I agree with you, Nice, informative posts and straight to the point. The best part about the intriguing diamond necklaces online sellers is that you can see the variety but only for affordable costs. For more collection click this
Check out what is on store of Golden Tree Jewelers now, with the impressing jewellery stores gallery online.
Get latest updates on jewellery. Read expert reviews on trending products.
WOW nice article with great information. Here is a similar article i think would be love to share. I’ve ever seen! There is lots of change in this trend Check some gold Bracelets.