Picking out an engagement or wedding ring is an exciting yet daunting task. It’s not enough for her to say ‘yes!’ to your proposal. You want her to say ‘yes!’ to the ring, too. To make choosing ‘the one’ easier, we have outlined the top 5 popular princess cut diamond ring designs in our article. There’s no way she won’t say yes to one of these beautiful cuts!
[amazon box=”B016V6RI3S,B071H9W1XS,B00JZNRTSE,B00XUNWE1M ” template=”table”]
Before you go shopping for a princess cut diamond ring, you’ll want to look at the answers to some frequently asked questions about this exquisitely crafted stone.
1. What Is A Princess Cut Diamond Ring?
The princess cut diamond is the second most popular diamond cut among diamond-lovers, preceded only by the round cut diamond. For some women, a princess cut diamond is the epitome of class and timelessness, making it a favorite among romantics and dreamers, and celebrities and the common woman alike. Even though it was only conceived and created in the 1960s, the princess cut has fast become a popular choice among people who prefer a diamond that has a simple shape and cut, and yet catches the light and shines brilliantly. The face-up shape of the princess cut is generally a square or a rectangle, and the profile or side-on shape is similar to that of an inverted pyramid with four oblique sides.
2. What Are The Features Of A Princess Cut Diamond Ring?
The princess cut diamond ring is curt in such a manner that the central stone emits a brilliant, sparkling, and fiery shine. It sports symmetrical facets and neat edges that highlight the superior cut of the diamond. The color, clarity, and carat of princess cut diamonds, when featured in solitaire rings, are typical of superior quality to emphasize the natural and stunning beauty of the diamond
3. Where Can You Buy Princess Cut Diamond Rings?
In this day and age, you can buy practically anything online. Naturally, princess cut diamond rings are also available on the web. You can purchase them from online marketplaces like Amazon, or you could visit the websites of established diamond designers and purchase a ring from their online store. If you would prefer to see a ring in person before you place your money on it, it is best to visit a high-quality specialty jewelry store and take a look around before you buy a diamond ring.
4. What Is The Price Range Of Princess Cut Diamond Rings?
Princess cut diamond rings start at as little as $600 and go all the way into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. The price of a princess cut diamond ring is influenced by some factors such as the quality of the cut, the clarity of the stone, its rating, and the carat of the diamond. The inclusion or exclusion of additional stones on the ring also affects the price of the princess cut diamond ring. The rule of thumb is that the smaller the carat, the more affordable the ring. Conversely, the higher the carat, the more expensive the ring will be.
5. Why Buy A Princess Cut Diamond Ring?
A diamond ring as timeless as this design can be the perfect way to pop the question to your lover, or the ideal way to say, “I do.” You can use a princess cut diamond ring as an engagement ring or a wedding band, or you could even gift it to your spouse on your first anniversary. It is a timeless design, which also makes it the best way to renew your love if you’re lucky enough to witness something as beautiful as fifty or sixty years of togetherness. It can also make for a great present for your mother on her birthday or Mother’s day. And if none of these occasions are coming up, a princess cut diamond ring can be a nice way to celebrate your love just because.
Overall Price Range Of The Top 5 Popular Princess Cut Diamond Ring Designs
Princess cut diamond rings can be had for anywhere from as low as $$$ all the way up to $$$. The price of a diamond ring can depend on a number of factors like the carat, the color, and the clarity of the stone. The kind of metal used in the band of the ring also influences the price of the ring. Brands matter too as diamond rings from long established brands or from big names in the diamond jewelry industry may be more expensive than rings from smaller chains and stores. Another parameter that play a role in determining the price of diamond rings include intricate details like smaller diamonds set along the band or in the halo. Some diamond rings that are minimalist and simple in design can even cost as low as $$$, while some other models that are exquisitely crafted can be priced as high as $$$ or more.
How We Reviewed
We reviewed the top five popular styles of princess cut diamonds based on parameters such as their typical features, the pros and cons of the designs, and their price. We scoured the web for princess cut diamond rings and narrowed down the list to the top five popular princess cut diamond ring designs that caught our eye. Take a look at them and see if anything catches your eye too.
Types Of Princess Cut Diamond Rings We Reviewed
We reviewed the following kinds of princess cut diamond rings.
- Three Stone
- Micro Pave
[amazon link=”B016V6RI3S” title=”Princess Cut Solitaire Design ” /]
A diamond solitaire is a term used to refer to any piece of jewelry that flaunts a single diamond. The princess cut solitaire diamond ring design is the most popular among the various models of wedding rings. The solitaire diamond setting is classic and simple, yet elegant and timeless. The traditional princess cut solitaire diamond ring features symmetrical facets and neat edges that catch and reflect the light crisply. These facets and edges help ensure that the diamond emits brilliant shine that is sure to turn heads and win hearts.
- his design is a classic and never goes out of style
- It is also one of the most affordable design options for an engagement or wedding ring
- A princess cut solitaire ring is easily available at all premium jewelry stores
- The best part is that this ring pairs well with a wide variety of outfits and accessories
- This style is more common than other designs, and not as exclusive as some of them
- It may not appeal to women who have a more eclectic sense of style since it can come across as being too simple
[amazon link=”B01LZMHC05″ title=”French-Set Design ” /]
[amazon box=”B01LZMHC05″ /]
- This is a romantic and elegant design that has a unique appeal.
- The presence of several diamonds provides added brilliance and fire to the ring.
- This design is also more ornate than the traditional princess cut rings.
- Because of the unique style, it appears as if the ring has been paved with smaller diamonds all along the band.
- This model is not as affordable as traditional princess cut diamond solitaire rings.
- It may overwhelm people with delicate fingers with its heavier and more lavish design.
[amazon link=”B071H9W1XS” title=”Three Stone Design ” /]
The three-stone diamond ring design is another traditional model that has been around for a long time. This design includes three diamonds, one or all of which can be princess cut stones. Typically, the central stone is larger than the two other stones that flank it on either side. It was created to symbolically represent the past, the present, and the future. What a romantic notion that is! Some three stone designs feature a plain band, while others flaunt a neat array of smaller diamonds or other stones along the band.
- The three stone design is more ornate than the traditional princess cut solitaire ring
- It is ideal for people who believe in everlasting love because it encompasses the past, present, and the future, symbolically
- It makes for the perfect gift for special wedding anniversaries like the first, the fifth, or the fiftieth, for those lucky few
- The three stones have a beautiful symbolism attached to them
- It can be clunkier than the traditional princess cut solitaire design
- This model is also more expensive than the average solitaire diamond ring, due to the presence of three stones
[amazon link=”B00JZNRTSE” title=”Halo Solitaire Design ” /]
The princess cut halo solitaire diamond ring design is where traditional style blends effortlessly with modern sensibilities. As the name implies, this ring features a single princess cut diamond in the center, surrounded by a ring or two of smaller diamonds. In some models, the array of smaller stones may also extend on to the band, giving a ring a scintillating shine that’s hard to look away from. There are also exquisite halo solitaire rings that flaunt a couple of metal bands that are studded with smaller diamonds and twist downward to join the main band.
- It appeals to people who love vintage designs and to people who prefer modern styles
- The presence of a halo of smaller diamonds adds to the brilliance of the ring
- This design is also perfect for people who prefer something beyond a plain solitaire
- It comes in several different designs, giving you a vast number of choices to select from
- This design is comparatively more expensive than other models, due to the presence of more diamonds
- It may not be preferred by people who like simpler and minimalist designs
[amazon link=”B00XUNWE1M” title=”Micro Paved Design ” /]
The technique involved in creating a micro paved princess cut diamond ring includes setting a series of much smaller diamonds all along the band of the ring (and sometimes even around the central princess cut solitaire) using high magnification, which gives designers the precision that is needed to carry out this process. Also known as the mini pave or the microscopic pave design, it is named after the French word “pave,” which refers to the intricately placed pieces of cobblestone that can be found on many European roadways.
- The rings sport a smoother surface than other models, because of the precision involved in the micro pave technique
- These rings are of superior quality, and it shows in the way the shine
- The band is also embellished, making it as beautiful as the central stone
- This kind of princess cut ring is best for people who like their rings with more sparkle than the average design
- Because the stones used in the pave are extremely small, they may come loose and fall off
- This design may not be the first choice for people who like their rings simple
The princess cut solitaire is the clear winner because something as timeless and eternal as its simple design never fails to win appreciative nods and approving smiles from anyone who notices your engagement ring. Another close runner-up is the three stone design because it is a minimalist idea that can be elaborately extended if needed, giving you the best of both worlds.