Before you say “I do” you will need to buy wedding bands for one another to fully commemorate your eternal commitment. Highly symbolic in nature and different from an engagement ring, wedding bands are exchanged at the wedding ceremony between bride and groom. Traditionally, the bride will put on her wedding band, followed by her engagement ring to complete the set. The groom customarily wears his wedding band once married and on his left hand.
There are many different types of wedding bands for available, so it certainly pays to learn about all your options in order to find the best ring to suit personal budget, style and preference.
Wedding Bands: Styles
Whether it be a simple gold wedding band or a more ornate diamond band, there is always something for every bride and groom. Continue below to learn more about the styles available:
Tips for Finding Affordable Wedding Bands
- Look for his and hers wedding bands as a set, as these often will be a better price
- Like the look of platinum but not the price? Opt for the strikingly similar palladium at a fraction of the cost.
- Although local jewelry stores enable you to try on a variety of rings in person, buying jewelry online offers a tremendous selection at excellent prices. Most online stores such as Amazon, Ebay, Blue Nile or James Allen have excellent return policies and customer service.
- Family rings are an excellent way to save big on wedding bands and keep the memory of a loved one alive.
- Look around at local pawn shops or estate sales. You never know what you might find, and the savings can be substantial.
- Take a look at your local online classified ads, Ex-Boyfriend Jewelry or similar type online advertising sites in your area. Chances are you can view the ring before purchase.
Wedding bands are a beautiful and symbolic tradition associated with marriage. In order to find the right style and price, it is important for a couple to explore all of the options available.