Now that you’ve got the engagement ring, the dress picked out, venue booked and the countdown is well on its way, you will want to start thinking about bridal jewelry. One of the biggest mistakes bride-to-be’s make is waiting too long to find their jewelry and accessories. If you’re planning your wedding, don’t leave out these important details!
Essential Bridal Jewelry Tips
- It’s important to have your dress chosen out before choosing your earrings, as the style of your gown will be the basis for which you make jewelry style decisions.
- Shop around! We’re not talking just hopping into a few stores and calling it good. While you might find your dream earrings at Macy’s department store, you also might find an astounding array of earrings on Pinterest and Etsy. While shopping, make sure that the retailers have a good return policy. This way, you can buy several different earrings, necklaces and bracelets to compare at home and then return the ones you are not going to use.
- Remember that often times, bridal jewelry is kept and passed on to children and grandchildren as heirlooms. If it is something you want to do to keep a tradition alive, make sure you purchase quality 14K gold instead of sterling silver. It simply won’t hold up like gold and tarnishing is prevalent the older it gets.
- If you have a simple wedding dress without a lot of rhinestone or pearl details, you can get away with really flashy bridal jewelry. However, if your dress is ornate with a lot of sparkling details, you might want to tone down the jewelry in order to avoid taking the attention away from your gown and your face.
- Determine your budget and stick with it. If you find your dream earrings or necklace but really want a bracelet as well, you may need to compromise and find out where you can cut costs. Far too often it is easy to get caught up in the moment and end up spending more than you bargained for. Setting a realistic budget will help you tremendously, whether it is $100, $300, $500 or more.
- You can get those Tiffany earrings if you opt for a very inexpensive bracelet. However, remember that necklaces in mined diamonds are incredibly expensive so you may want to opt for a high quality zirconia from reputable places such as Swarovski. Find out what you can get in imitation jewelry and then determine what you can realistically do with diamonds.
To get you started, we decided to see what was trending on Pinterest this week. There are absolutely gorgeous ideas coming out from this site and you will want to take note because they are not your ho-hum, every-day accessories.
Bridal Jewelry: The Earrings
We took a look at earrings and were pleasantly surprised at what is trending. They range from vintage to classic to a mix between:
We love these vintage earrings from Etsy. Rhinestone Earrings Large Bridal jewelry by QueenMeJewelry $64.99
Wedding Bridal Jewelry Bridal Earrings Bridesmaid Earrings Dangle
Etsy – Bella Monroe
Teardrop earrings from Luulla.com
Make a statement with these stunners from primandpixie.com
Vintage tear drop earrings from My Sweet Jewelry
Ornate, vintage earrings from Dream Catcher Studio
Swarovski art deco earrings
Bridal Jewelry: The Necklace
Depending on the style of your dress and the neckline, you have a lot of options. A necklace is often one of the most important pieces of jewelry to compliment a wedding gown because it is so highly visible. Diamond necklaces may be out of many women’s price ranges because of the large amount of stones required, but everyone is able to afford a high quality crystal alternative.
REVEL: Crystal Wedding Necklace
Vintage necklace by Pure Rain Design
Something Jeweled, Etsy
Bridal Jewelry: Bracelets
Last but not least, some brides opt for bracelets on their wedding day, while others do not. It really depends on personal preference and how much “bling” you want. Here are some options ranging from simple to ornate:
Kirsten Kuhn Designs
Tiffany & Co.