Engraving Wedding Ring Sets: What You Need To Know
Now that you’ve found the perfect spouse, venue, food and of course, wedding rings, one of the next things before the big day is to have the wedding ring sets engraved. This is one of the least expensive and easiest ways you can add beauty and a personal touch to a very sentimental piece of jewelry. However, the words do not always need to be romantic, they can be full of fun, humor, enlightenment and love. Keep reading to find out all the different things you can put while engraving wedding ring sets.
Romantic Words to Use For Wedding Ring Sets
If you’re going to play it a little safe but want to be ultra-romantic (and that’s okay!), you might need some ideas of what to have engraved. First, you will want to know that it can fit on the ring and that short phrases are the easiest to accommodate most wedding bands. Second, there are a lot of really nice romantic words and phrases that people can use in order to truly make the rings memorable and close to the heart. Here are some ideas that come from wedding vows, songs, poems and phrases that might work for you:
- Eternally Yours
- True Love
- Happily Ever After
- Til Death Do Us Part
- Together Forever
- To Have and to Hold
- I Love You
- I Do
- Forever Love
- Cherish Honor Love
- Pledge My Love
- My Heart is Yours
- Forever Yours
Express Sentiment By Engraving Wedding Ring Sets
You don’t need to have romantic phrases to still be sentimental and show love. In fact, there are incredibly beautiful words that evoke emotion beyond the usual wedding vows. They can be unique to just the couple and while no one else may understand, the couple certainly will! Some suggestions could include:
- Poem or Bible verse
- Significant dates such as anniversary, engagement, birthday, the day you two met
- Claddagh designs with phrases
- Religious phrases
- Words in a different language that you two share
- Initials of the bride and groom
Funny Ideas for Wedding Ring Sets
Up until this point, we’ve discussed the more romantic and sentimental uses for engraving. However, did you know that you really can put literally anything you want on the engraving? This means that something funny, witty or clever! Have fun with it and get some inspiration from the following ideas:
- I’m Taken
- Put It Back On
- Got You
- Resistance is Futile
- Pet names the couple has for one another
- Titles of songs, such as “Another One Bites the Dust” and so forth
- Do Not Remove
Wedding Ring Sets: FAQ’s and What You Need To Know
- You don’t necessarily have to have words. If you find a reputable jewelry store that offers design and symbol engraving, this might be an option for you. Be sure to see examples of their work before ordering.
- Check and double and triple check the proof before pulling the trigger. Make sure the spelling is correct. We can’t tell you how many times people thought they had the right spelling or initials only to find out their mind played tricks on them and it was wrong.
- You can have words or a symbol partially engraved on each ring and it would only be complete when the two rings are placed together. This is incredibly romantic and highly symbolic!
- Engraving shouldn’t cost hundreds of dollars and you can shop around for the best deal to get quotes from around town.
- Make sure the engraving is completed well in advance of the wedding, but not so far ahead that if weight is lost and the ring needs to be resized that it does not interfere with the engraving.
- The more words and detail used, the more expensive it will be.
- Note that thin bands are unable to be engraved. Be sure that if you are set on having engraving done on the final product, that you first have a band wide enough to accommodate all you want to have written.
To help get you started, here are a few examples that might be useful: