Looking to buy an engagement ring? They can look stunning on any woman’s finger—but even more so if they are chosen in the right way. There are so many to choose from in the jewelry stores and this makes it a daunting task for a man who has decided to propose. Like most couples, you want the ring to be outstanding, the best quality and one that reflects the woman’s style and lifestyle. The following guide provides you with vital tips that will help you choose the perfect engagement ring. The most important thing is that you should plan on how to make your purchase. After making a plan, you can narrow down your options. With that said, let’s get started!
Plan Before You Buy an Engagement Ring
Before you can visit the stores or log into any online store to make your purchase, there are certain information that you may need. These are:
• Begin with a budget.
• Have enough in savings before you buy.
• Try to figure out and understand the woman’s taste.
• There is no need to follow any strict rules.
• Make a proper consideration of your job and lifestyle. Certain rings are not comfortable for some careers that include nursing and medicine, which require constant wearing of gloves.
• Do not consider the product as an investment.
• Consider other alternatives for the diamond.
Practical Tips on How to Buy an Engagement Ring
There are some of the vital components that you will need to make a decision on before you can settle for the jewelry of your choice. The major factors are:
• The Stone: Diamonds are the most common traditional stones for most jewelry and engagement rings. However, other gems have also become common in the recent years. They have replaced the diamonds and given then a run for their money. If you have made a decision to buy diamond, you will need to consider the 4C’s. These are the cut, clarity, color and carat of the diamond. You should search for more details on how to buy the best diamond.
• The Metal: You will need to consider the quality of metal that has been used to make the jewelry or engagement ring. Most of them are made of platinum or gold. The gold comes in different colors and carats. However, the best and most preferred is the 18 carat whether it is rose, white or yellow. You can also select platinum as your favored metal. It is essential to note that platinum is more expensive than gold is, but an up and coming metal called palladium is a close sister metal to platinum (but costs the same as 14K white or yellow gold).
• The Design: Although it is majorly a matter of personal preference, there are certain factors to consider when choosing the design of the jewelry and especially the engagement ring. These include:
- The ease and practicality of wearing. This highly depends on your lifestyle. A less active person would do well with a ring with high setting. For those who are using their hands a lot, it should be comfortable and not easy to get caught.
- It should be able to withstand everyday wear: You should consider the environmental nature of the wearer. There are harsher conditions that involve the use of abrasives while others are mild. This will make you choose between sturdy or light material. It is important to note that platinum is more durable than gold, but scratches and eventually develops a patina finish that you’ll either love or hate.
- Attractive look: Select jewelry that looks good in terms of its shape and style (and not just price–looks ARE everything for engagement rings!)
Every woman wants to own the perfect engagement ring. Because they are some of the most expensive items that people buy during their life. This makes it important to make earlier plans and understand the entire process. Try the tips provided today to ensure that you get both a happy woman (while your wallet remains comfortable too).