Many men worry about the cost of an engagement ring because they might have always assumed that it would need to be the marketed “two month’s salary.” While many rings are expensive, there are incredible deals to be found online that are the same quality and style as in local jewelry stores. By taking time to research online jewelry stores, one can save a large amount of money while shopping in the convenience of the home.
One of the first mistakes people do while shopping online is not research and compare enough. Fortunately, there are ways to organize the mass information into manageable parts by creating a notebook or spreadsheet. There are hundreds of online jewelry companies which sell engagement rings and the benefits of shopping online are great without sacrificing quality.
Cheap Engagement Rings Online
Online jewelry stores are known for their ability to offer significantly lower prices on engagement rings because they require less manpower, taxes, insurance, utilities, overhead and salaries for sales people. All of these expenses in regular jewelry stores get trickled down to the customer, whether he or she knows it or not. These days, there are many design options online with AutoCad programs that can work just as well as sitting down in front of someone to discuss the vision for the ring. A little known fact in the jewelry industry? The vast majority of bricks and mortar jewelry stores get their settings from the same suppliers as many of the online jewelry store. The result is the ability to offer exactly the same product at a fraction of the cost.
Buying Cheap Engagement Rings Online
Generally speaking, online stores are becoming an increasingly safe and popular route for jewelry purchases. While you may be unable to walk into the store and touch the ring, most online jewelers offer excellent pictures and details on every ring they sell. To ensure your online purchase experience is a good one, be sure to remember these points:
- Is the website professional and well presented? Does it look like it is reputable?
- While some may say it is necessary to check the BBB ratings, it is important to note that BBB rates are often rigged and positive reviews are paid for by companies, whether they deserve an A+ rating or not.
- Check to see if the website is secure to ensure your privacy and personal information is used correctly.
- Find out the return, warranty and guarantee policies. Most websites offer everything of this nature in writing and stand by them. Read the fine print to avoid any surprises.
- Is the diamond certified by the GIA or AGS? Will you receive proper and authentic documentation?
Metals for Cheap Engagement Rings Online
Cheap Engagement Rings Online: Stone Choice
- Diamond alternatives such as synthetic sapphires, rubies, emeralds and simulated diamonds/precision-cut zirconia can dramatically reduce the cost of the ring without sacrificing style.
- Instead of a 1.0 carat diamond, opt for a slightly less carat weight such as .90 and save big.
- While D, E and F color grades are considered colorless, most people won’t be able to appreciate the difference visually and can easily opt for a G, H, I color grade and it can still appear just as beautiful. Remember: Going for a less expensive stone does not always mean it will not look fantastic!
- Designer or specialty cuts and shapes can greatly impact the cost of the ring but can also be somewhat unnecessary at the end of the day.
- A 3/4 carat diamond in a high 4-prong setting will look stunning and “pop” more than a larger carat set in a bezel setting. A dramatic wedding band can also add flair to a simple solitaire.
Cheap Engagement Rings Online: Pre-loved, Pre-owned
There are some fantastic deals to be found with broken engagements or divorces. Websites dedicated to re-selling engagement and wedding rings offer an entirely new perspective and world to those looking for a great deal. Here are a few of the most popular sites to get you started: